Monday, October 1, 2012

Life's Perspective

Walking through life, we often find ourselves focusing on the negative aspects of every day. We can become so overwhelmed with things we can’t have, achievements we can’t reach, and struggles that seem to plague our days, months, and years.

I am not excluding myself because often I can find myself thinking along the same lines. Just yesterday, I longed for a bath – a real honest to goodness bath. The 2 minute showers are wearing me down and my poor thick hair just can’t seem to be cleaned in this amount of time.  

But then I meet someone like this:

Imagine living your young life
all alone
under a bridge.

I think to myself, how could I possibly survive living under a bridge? (Even on the ship, I have all of my needs met – 2 minutes shower and all)

Imagine the only way your parents will talk to you is if you get enough money from begging. (Wow, my parents always wish I called more than I do and I have a family who loves me and wants to see me more…)

Do you think this is a hard enough struggle?

Imagine doing all this not having the ability to walk because your legs have been dramatically distorted.




Meeting little guys like this really put my life in perspective. I can complain about so much, but there is this little boy who has suffered more than I can imagine and he can be seen smiling and laughing with more spirit than I can muster on a good day.


Please pray for this little man as he is having surgery today!

No comments:

Post a Comment