Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fierce Grace




Grace

Do you know what “grace” means? 

It is the unanticipated and undeserving receipt of some positive benefit of love, protection, or favor. The bible talks about God’s grace upon us a lot. “It is by grace we are saved” or how about the song “Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I’m found was blind but now I see.” You know that song was written by a reformed ship captain who transported thousands upon thousands of slaves from Africa. He was responsible for almost all of their lives being lost, but then he found God…and it was God’s amazing grace that saved him…because he was a wretched soul.

I talk to you about Grace because as Christians we should #1 never forget God’s grace that saved us and #2 always try to show the same grace God has granted us to others in the world – regardless of their situation.

It has been my goal to always show “fierce grace” to people. It is what I’m called to do. I attached a picture. It is by an artist and he named it “fierce Grace” because fierce grace can also be “the undeserving strength in hard times.” This picture moves me. 

Today just think about this photo and thank God for His Fierce Grace in your life and also strive to have fierce grace – it will get us through the storms in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment