Monday, May 30, 2011

Let the Summer Games Begin!


TRAINING
The temperature is rising and my time left in Michigan is speeding by faster than I imagined. This Wednesday (June 1), I will be leaving Michigan to start my drive to Texas. I will stop over and see family in Indiana and Kansas on the way to the Mercy Ships IOC (International Office Campus) for my first stretch of training. During my week of training, I will be attending classes such as Mercy Ships History, Mission, Vision, and Values, Philosophy of Missions, Living in Community, Transitions, and Community Life Issues. I will also be attending a Support Raising Seminar. While at the IOC, I will similarly be having meetings with my “bosses” in the PR department and marketing department. I cannot express how excited I am to start my training. After six months of waiting and preparing, I will finally be on Mercy Ships campus learning all about my job on the Africa Mercy. 

I will be out of state from June 1 – June 14 and have a new cell phone number. If you need to reach me, please feel free to contact me through facebook or email. 

Please intercede with me in prayer for safe travels to and from Texas. In addition, please pray God opens my mind and heart to learn what He has in store for me, and to be flexible to the demanding schedule of training.

SUPPORT RAISING UPDATE:
I am currently at 69% of my two years budget pledged! I have exceeded my goal of 50% pledged by June 1st. God has blessed me with some incredible donors and all I can do is praise God for you and ask the He pour His blessings on you!

I am a mere $50/month commitment away from be at 75% of my two year budget pledged and my entire first year and startup costs pledged! It would be amazing to be able to walk into the IOC office and tell them I have 75% of two years pledged! Would you consider helping me get there? 

Total Need: I need 5 donors at $25/month commitment and 4 donors at $50/month commitment to reach the total budget for two years of service. These amounts equal the $8,000 I have to raise before the end of August.

Prayer Request: With all that I have I know God will supply the means to follow His call. Please pray that these funds will be raised and those who are supporting me be blessed in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment