Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

December has come and gone. It’s still surprising to think that it is now the year 2012. With a new year brings new promises of hope and future. I was blessed with a gift of a break at the end of December. I went to stay with some dear friends in Alexandria, Egypt and was able to recuperate and recover from a constant battle of sicknesses here in West Africa. God has given me new found energy and new found strength to face my next field service in Togo, West Africa.
           
We will be sailing any day now to Lome, Togo. The sail will only take around 10 hours. I wish I could explain my excitement to see our next country! Soon to come is a blog update about Togo – so that I can introduce you all to her history and present state. Recently my writer counterpart left the ship – it is sad to see her go but in the same day a new writer arrived. I am spending my days training up this new writer, Joanne. Once we hit Togo – we will be running at full speed and the thought of it excites me.
           
I want to thank everyone for your encouragement and kind words over the holiday season. It was very comforting to know you were praying for me. God has confirmed to me over and over that this is where He wants me to be and I feel blessed to know I am doing the right thing. Many don’t ever get that feeling. He has definitely blessed me in the year 2011 and I’m already seeing His blessings in the year 2012. You are part of those blessings and I praise God for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment