Friday, December 16, 2011

This is a Drill! This is a Drill! This is a Drill!

Safety is always first, right? Well don’t worry because that is our motto on the Africa Mercy! We recently conducted several fire drills. Where these drills are apart of our normal schedule here on the ship, these were “at sea” drills that included donning our lifejackets and preparing to abandon ship! It sounds more exciting than it actually is, but I assure you, it is very crucial to the crew to know what to do “in case.” Thankfully, we did not have to use this knowledge during our recent sail to Ghana, and now we are back to conducting “on land” fire drills. These on land drills will sure help me! In Ghana, our gangway is on the opposite side of the ship! Just my luck, I would try exit the ship ON THE WRONG SIDE!


I have a lifejacket! With a whistle and light ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment