Monday, August 22, 2011

Goodbyes

The cold morning air is a reminder that I will soon be leaving for Texas and then Sierra Leone. Last night I was surrounded by wonderful friends and family. This is where it began. The goodbyes have started, and it still comes as a shock. I’ve grown accustom to goodbyes in my life. I’ve moved to Maryland, Washington, and even Alberta Canada. This goodbye, however, feels different. This goodbye is for people who have proven they believe in me and support me. This goodbye means, I won’t see you for two years. This is a goodbye that means, I’m moving to Africa.

In my last few weeks at home, I will be running around trying to tie up all loose ends. It is time to start packing things I will be bringing to Africa. Also, packing what is staying into storage so that my parents don't have to deal with it. I wish I could grasp the situation fully. This journey that God has sent me on is so perfect it feels like a dream. I feel as though I am in a surreal state of mind where everything is moving at a slower pace. Regardless of how ready I am, this is really happening. I am really moving to Africa, and I am really going to be living on a hospital ship.

I wish I knew how to thank those who have blessed me. When you have been truly blessed, beyond your imagination, how can you possibly respond? I pray God’s many blessings on them, He is the only one that can reward them properly.

Proverbs 4:18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Thank you for all of your help everyone! Goodbyes are sad, but they are not final!

No comments:

Post a Comment