Thursday, April 7, 2011

24%

This morning I wake up to the realization that I will be presenting in front of my church in a handful of days. This Sunday, I will be giving a "mission moment" regarding Mercy Ships. My mind is reeling with ideas and things I would love to share but the looming time limit is making it difficult to organize my thoughts to fit into the 5 minutes I am given. Please pray that God will speak through me and that I get across the point He wants me to make - it's not about me its about Him.

I will also be receiving a love offering and hopefully some supporters who would like to financially support me on a monthly basis. I am currently at 24% of my budget (pledged). I will be leaving for training in September - the D-Day for my finances coming into place. I can't say enough that I trust my God will provide all of my needs - He will make a way as He has always done for me. I must admit though.....the 75% remaining and 22 weeks to raise it....makes me slightly nervous.  BUT NOTHING is too big for my God!

Life is quite busy - school full time, learning French, fundraising, preparing for life in Africa...my excitement is barely contained and makes it hard for my focus. I am also quite excited for training that I will be attending in June. I will be learning more about Mercy Ships and also attending a Fundraising Seminar. My family is hoping to be able to put together some sort of fundraiser event for me this summer. Maybe at a park, maybe at another building in the area. If you have any suggestions please feel free to suggest away!

I thank God for choosing me, of all the people, He is calling me - I am so lucky!
I thank everyone for reading my blog.
I thank everyone for praying for me.
I thank everyone who supports me - your belief in me shakes me to the core and means the world to me.

So that's the end of my rambling mismatched thoughts - I can't wait to be able to post interesting things for you guys - like patient stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment