Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Crew Bio

  Nicole Pribbernow
   Writer
  Africa Mercy



 
There is a small little town less than a mile off the Lake Michigan shores called Whitehall, Michigan. I can safely say that I’ve lived most of my life in this beach resort town, so the thought of living on a ship seems pretty natural to me. While I have lived here for most of my life I have to admit I am afflicted with what my family calls “gypsy feet.” This simply means I love to travel and experience new places. I’ve had the privilege of living in Michigan, Maryland, Washington, and Nebraska in the United States and I even lived in Alberta Canada for a short jaunt. Ever since I was a young girl my heart always ached for missions. As I became a young adult though, finding a way proved to not be as easy as I once imagined. I’ve worked in a variety of settings from a Horse Stallion farm to an adhesive factory. I always excelled but was never satisfied. This is because I was not pursing the life God had planned for me. I attended college in Canada (Covenant Bible College) and am now attending an online university to follow my dream of being a writer. There does not seem to be a day in the past two years where I have not spent time writing. It has truly become a passion of mine and I pray that I can use this gift to further the kingdom of God.

For a year prior to applying to work with Mercy Ships I was living solely on faith that God would provide. This year He proved His undying love for me and His ability to provide all of my needs. During this time, He continually pulled on my heart strings, guiding me into the direction He had planned for me. The day I stumbled upon Mercy Ships no words can describe the immense pull on my heart that I felt. The more I looked into this organization I felt as though God created Mercy Ships with me in mind; almost as though He handcrafted this opportunity knowing all of my deep passions and desires. Since that moment, I have not been able to keep Mercy Ships from my mind. He has made an awesome pathway for me; a pathway no one can deny was forged by Him. After praying about this opportunity and very clear answers from God, I applied Christmas of 2010 for the position as writer. I will be joining the Africa Mercy fall of 2011 in a long term capacity.  

It is amazing to look back on life and see how God has molded me and shaped me. Every event has funneled into this moment: the moment of being able to have reckless abandonment and give it all up to serve Him. We are not all meant to be sent into the mission field and I am blessed to be called into this direction. I see God moving – I feel Him moving with Mercy Ships. As for me, I want to be where it is that God is moving and I am excited to be a part of something as powerful as Mercy Ships.



Me: nicole.pribbernow@mercyships.org
My Blog: http://mightykaleo.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment