Friday, February 18, 2011

Acceptance

Missions is what my heart yearns for. I long to go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. Ever since I can remember - this has been my dream. I never had a romanticized ideal of mission work and for that I am truly grateful. I knew of the blood, sweat, and tears that would come with the sacrifice of not living a normal American life. In fact, my heavenly Father has turned my heart away from what we Americans deam normal. I will never be satisfied with the typical life for that is not what my Father created me for. How blessed am I to know my purpose in life!!?

I leave for Africa in 7 months. Working with Mercy Ships in West Africa as a missionary and a writer - it is all such a blessing. I had no idea that all those years of writing stories would turn into something as fantastic as this. I had no idea that last year when God amped up my passion for writing that He would bring me to be able to use it on the mission field. It goes to show that God knows us better than we do, and that His plans for us are far better than our own.

I'm now starting the journey by raising funds to go and do His good works. I am amazed at the peace God has given me in regards to finances. He is the great Provider and will supply all of my needs.

He is doing such an awe inspiring work in me. Jumping for joy is not enough - shouting on the roof top to tell the world is not enough - to truly show how amazed I am at what the Father has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment